Presale Hype Countdown - Maximize Revenue From Sales and Promotions
The purpose of the Presale Hype Countdown bar is to make your customers aware of an upcoming sale or promotion and get them excited to come back for it. We recommend turning it on two to three days before the sale starts. This will help increase anticipation for the sale and get users hyped to make a purchase.
Step 1: BUILD
- Make sure the Placement Type is a Top/Bottom Bar.
- Have it always show and push the page down.
- Select Stay at the top of the page and Stay at the top on mobile.
- Make it so the user can’t close it.
- Make sure it is on the top of the page.
Step 2: DISPLAY
- For the URL Match Type, choose Show On All Pages, then click Add Url.
- Select doesn’t contain from the dropdown, and put your cart page in there, most commonly seen as /cart.
- Set the Frequency to show every visit.
Step 3: SET GOAL
- Select the conversion event you’ve created for your site (see Shopify Conversion Pixel Video).
Step 1: SELECTING THE TEMPLATE
- Click on Add Template in the top right corner.
- Select the template you want to use. In this example, we use the Minimized Countdown Bar.
Step 2: EDIT THE CONTENT
- Choose what Background Image, Headline, and Countdown you want.
- For your countdown, in this example, we will use countdown to a day.
- Add in your destination URL to link users where you want them to go.
Step 3: EDIT THE DESIGN
- You can edit the General, Headline, Countdown, and Close.
- Have it match the theme and look of the site.
- Make sure it looks good on mobile.
Step 4: TARGETING SETTINGS
- Set targeting to what you want, or just leave it alone.
Step 5: SET IT LIVE
- In the top right corner, click on Create Template.
- Make sure all levers are toggled on to green and test to ensure they are live on the site.