Final Push Countdown - Maximize Revenue from Sales and Promotions
The purpose of the Final Push Countdown is to add urgency at the end of the sale to create a rush of purchases. Similar to the presale hype bar, you want to get users excited about the last days of the sale and make a purchase. We recommend running the final push the last three days if the sale is a week or longer. If it is shorter than a week, run the final push for the last one or two days.
Step 1: BUILD
- Make sure the Placement Type is a Top/Bottom Bar.
- Have it always show and push the page down.
- Select Stay at the top of the page and Stay at the top on mobile.
- Make it so the user can’t close it.
- Make sure it is on the top of the page.
Step 2: DISPLAY
- For the URL Match Type, choose Show On All Pages, then click Add Url.
- Select doesn’t contain from the dropdown, and put your cart page in there, most commonly seen as /cart.
- Set the Frequency to show every visit.
Step 3: SET GOAL
- Select the conversion event you’ve created for your site (see Shopify Conversion Pixel Video).
Step 1: SELECTING THE TEMPLATE
- Click on Add Template in the top right corner.
- Select the template you want to use. In this example, we use the Countdown | H/M/S.
Step 2: EDIT THE CONTENT
- Choose what Background Image, Headline, Countdown, and Button Text you want.
- In this example, we will use countdown to a day.
- Add in your destination URL to link users to where you want it to take them.
Step 3: EDIT THE DESIGN
- You can edit the General, Headline, Countdown, and Button.
- Make sure it matches the theme and look of the site.
Step 4: TARGETING SETTINGS
- Set targeting to what you want, or just leave it alone.
Step 5: SET IT LIVE
- In the top right corner, click on Create Template.
- Make sure all levers are toggled on to green and test to make sure they are live on the site.