Cart Abandonment - Maximize Revenue from Sale and Promotions
The purpose of the Cart Abandonment is to save users who are trying to leave the cart page without making a purchase. We recommend having a countdown timer that offers customers a discount if they check out quickly. Offering customers a discount when they are trying to leave their cart makes them more likely to complete the purchase.
Step 1: BUILD
- Make sure the Placement Type is a Pop Up.
- Have it display on a Site Abandonment trigger.
- Toggle on Mobile back button, Mobile browser tab button, and set the Mobile exit scroll to 20%.
- In Advanced Display Settings, toggle on Close on overlay click.
Step 2: DISPLAY
- For the URL Match Type, choose Show On Select Pages, then click Add Url.
- Select Contains from the dropdown, and put your cart page in there, most commonly seen as /cart.
- Set the Frequency to show Once Per Session.
Step 3: SET GOAL
- Select the conversion event you’ve created for your site (see Shopify Conversion Pixel Video).
Step 1: SELECTING THE TEMPLATE
- Click on Add Template in the top right corner.
- Select the template you want to use; in this example we will select the Countdown | Left Image.
Step 2: EDIT THE CONTENT
- Choose what Images, Headline, Subheadline, Title, Content, Buttons, and Description you want.
- For your countdown, in this example, we will use Date and a 3-day countdown.
- In this example, we offer a 20% discount.
- Add in your destination URL that will link users to where you want them to be.
Step 3: EDIT THE DESIGN
- You can edit the General, Headline, Subheadline, Title, Description, Terms, Button, and Countdown.
- Make sure it matches the theme and look of the site.
Step 4: TARGETING SETTINGS
- Set targeting to what you want.
Step 5: SET IT LIVE
- In the top right corner, click on Create Template.
- Make sure all levers are toggled on to green and test to make sure they are live on the site.