Welcome Pop Up - Maximize Revenue From Sales and Promotions
The purpose of the Welcome Pop Up is to reinforce the current sale incentives and build your contact list. On the pop up, you should tell users to sign up to be notified about future sales so that they can be in the know.
Step 1: BUILD
- Make sure the Placement Type is a Pop Up.
- Have it display on a timer, pick how long you want it to delay before showing up.
- In Advanced Display Settings, toggle on Close on overlay click.
Step 2: DISPLAY
- For the URL Match Type, choose Show On All Pages, then click Add Url.
- Select doesn’t contain from the dropdown, and put your cart page in there, most commonly seen as /cart.
- Set the Frequency to show Once Per Session.
Step 3: SET GOAL
- Select the conversion event you’ve created for your site (see Shopify Conversion Pixel Video).
Step 1: SELECTING THE TEMPLATE
- Click on Add Template in the top right corner.
- Select the template you want to use. In this example, we will select the Form Right Image.
Step 2: EDIT THE CONTENT
- Choose what Images, Headline, Subheadline, Description, and Button, and Confirmation Message you want.
- For this example, we offer a 20% discount when they sign up with their email.
- Add in your destination URL to link users to where you want them next.
Step 3: EDIT THE DESIGN
- You can edit the General, Headline, Subheadline, Description, Fields, Button, and Teaser.
- Make sure it matches the theme and look of the site.
- Make sure to check what it looks like on mobile and edit accordingly.
Step 4: TARGETING SETTINGS
- Select New/Returning from the drop-down option.
- Make sure to select New users so that it shows to new people coming to the site.
Step 5: SET IT LIVE
- In the top right corner, click on Create Template.
- Make sure all levers are toggled on to green and test to ensure they are live on the site.