Increase Conversion Rate Using Site Abandonment Pop Ups
The purpose of the Site Abandonment is to offer some products to customers who are trying to leave the site on any page except the cart or checkout page. Having something to show to users who are trying to leave the site can help them stay on the site longer to look at those products they might have otherwise missed.
Step 1: BUILD
- Make sure the Placement Type is a Pop Up.
- Have it display on a Site Abandonment trigger.
- Toggle on Mobile back button, Mobile browser tab button, and set the Mobile exit scroll to 20%.
- In Advanced Display Settings, toggle on Close on overlay click.
Step 2: DISPLAY
- For the URL Match Type, choose Show On Select Pages, then click Add Url.
- Select Doesn’t Contain from the dropdown and put your cart page in there, most commonly seen as /cart, and checkout page most commonly seen as /checkouts.
- Set the Frequency to show Once Per Session.
Step 3: SET GOAL
- Select the conversion event you’ve created for your site.
Step 1: SELECTING THE TEMPLATE
- Click on Add Template in the top right corner.
- Select the template you want to use, in this example, we will select the 3 Tile Product Placement template.
Step 2: EDIT THE CONTENT
- Choose what General, Images, Title, Subtitle, Headline, Subheadline, Description, Button, and Product Text you want.
- To add more/change the products shown, add more content and repeat steps to edit the content to what you want.
- Add in your destination URL that will link users to the correct page you want for each option/product.
Step 3: EDIT THE DESIGN
- You can edit the General, Images, Title, Subtitle, Headline, Subheadline, Description, Button, and Product Text.
- Make sure it matches the website's theme and looks like it should be there.
Step 4: TARGETING SETTINGS
- Don’t change/add anything unless you need to. Make sure it will show for mobile and desktop.
Step 5: SET IT LIVE
- In the top right corner, click on Create Template.
- Make sure all levers are toggled on to green and test to ensure they are live on the site.