Video Welcome Pop - Capture More Subscribers
The purpose of the Video Welcome Pop is to quickly capture your customer’s attention with an engaging video to welcome customers to your website and collect their contact information. We strongly encourage offering a discount with this welcome pop to create a little bit of incentive for customers to subscribe to your email list.
Step 1: BUILD
- Make sure the Placement Type is a Pop Up.
- Have it display on a Timer trigger with a Pop Up delay of 10 seconds.
- In Advanced Display Settings, toggle on Close on overlay click.
Step 2: DISPLAY
- For the URL Match Type, choose Show On All Pages, then click Add Url.
- Select Doesn’t Contain from the dropdown, and put your cart page in there, most commonly seen as /cart.
- Set the Frequency to show Once Per Session.
Step 3: SET GOAL
- Select the conversion event you’ve created for your site.
Step 1: SELECTING THE TEMPLATE
- Click on Add Template in the top right corner.
- Select the template you want to use; in this example, we will select the Form | Top Video (Autoplay) template.
Step 2: EDIT THE CONTENT
- Choose what Images, Headline, Subheadline, Description, and Button Text you want.
- Upload a video to Vimeo and grab the public ID.
- Set the Button Submission to Confirmation and edit the Confirmation message to let the user know what their discount code is, or how they will receive the code.
Step 3: EDIT THE DESIGN
- You can edit the General, Headline, Subheadline, Description, Fields, Button, and Video.
- Edit the Field design to choose what information you want to collect and the design of how the fields will look.
- Make sure to add the Email/SMS Integration at the bottom of the design column (see How to Add a Klaviyo Integration or How to Add a Webhook Integration).
Step 4: TARGETING SETTINGS
- Select New / Returning from the dropdown.
- Select Show for New Visitors.
Step 5: SET IT LIVE
- In the top right corner, click on Create Template.
- Make sure all levers are toggled on to green and test to make sure they are live on the site.