Product Recommendation Welcome Pop - Capture More Subscribers
Product Recommendation engages customers when they first visit your website and collect their contact information. Having a fun, quick survey can be great for customers if they’re not exactly sure what they are looking for. Having a discount code and recommended product at the end incentivizes them to stay and explore your products.
Step 1: BUILD
- Make sure the Placement Type is a Pop Up.
- Have it display on a Timer trigger with a Pop Up delay of 10 seconds.
- In Advanced Display Settings, toggle on Close on overlay click.
Step 2: DISPLAY
- For the URL Match Type, choose Show On All Pages, then click Add Url.
- Select Doesn’t Contain from the dropdown, and put your cart page in there, most commonly seen as /cart.
- Set the Frequency to show Once Per Session.
Step 3: SET GOAL
- Select the conversion event you’ve created for your site.
Step 1: SELECTING THE TEMPLATE
- Click on Add Template in the top right corner.
- Select the template you want to use, in this example, we will select the Product Recommendation (Dynamic) template.
Step 2: EDIT THE CONTENT
- For the First step, choose what Images, Headline, Subheadline, Description, and Option names you want.
- You can select as many Option names as you want, but we recommend staying between two and four.
- For the Second step, edit the Headline 2, Subheadline 2, Terms, and Button.
- For the Third step, edit the Headline 3, Subheadline 3, and Survey Products Buttons, Headlines, and Images.
- To make this section look the best, ensure the images you use are the same size so the buttons will line up.
- Back up to Option Name, select the corresponding products matching each option.
- For example: If your first option is Apparel, and your product options 1 & 2 are shirts and pants, then select products 1 & 2.
Step 3: EDIT THE DESIGN
- You can edit the General, Headline, Subheadline, Description, Terms, Fields, Button, Survey, Product, and Image.
- Edit the Field design to choose what information you want to collect, as well as the design of how the fields will look.
- Make sure to add the Email/SMS Integration at the bottom of the design column (see How to Add a Klaviyo Integration or How to Add a Webhook Integration).
Step 4: TARGETING SETTINGS
- Select New / Returning from the dropdown.
- Select Show for New Visitors.
Step 5: SET IT LIVE
- In the top right corner, click on Create Template.
- Make sure all levers are toggled on to green and test to make sure they are live on the site.